What We are Solving
Bunkerchain is working with IHS Markit, the Manager of the IMO Database to create digital identities for marine vessels tied to their IMO numbers. These identities will be used to sign transactions in Bunkerchain’s Touch and Sail module to showcase the world’s first true contactless bunkering using digital identities with many more functions in the pipeline.
We envision a unique Digital Pass for all seafaring vessels tied to a ship’s IMO number to enable digital transactions and process automation during port calls. The IMO number is never reassigned to another ship and is shown on the ship’s certificates. It is similar to a citizen’s digital identities tied to a National Registration ID database.
- World’s First Digital Identity Project for Ships above 100GT tied to IMO Numbers
- Clear provenance trail of recorded transactions tied to the digital identity.
- Easy Onboarding and Activation of Account
- Enhanced onboarding process based on flag of the ship and IMO ship registration requirements
- Create clear Segregation of of duties and responsibilities between Digital Identity Management and Third Party services
- Document Versioning Hash Store Specially designed App to hold all digital transactions and documents signed on the vessel
- No storage of sensitive information
- Available API for ease of integration